Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] lyrics help?

rick rickysan at speedlink.com.au
Mon Apr 12 07:59:42 MDT 2004

        I remember Pete at one of the acoustic shows at the Metro in Sydney
in '93/'94/'95???(i can't remember the year but Glastonbury won the
Metropolitan that day for any knowledgeable punters out there) asking the
crowd (i guess because he knew the fans were uncertain of the words...or
maybe because the band wanted a reminder of what they were  :-)  to shout
out those lines that Rob and Giffo sang in Minutes to Midnight....and he
held the mic. out to the crowd at those bits... i remember that the crowd
wasn't that loud, and Pete laughing at the interpretations he was getting
back..Does anyone else remember this?

           I sang "yes he's soul man" "3 sides to every card" and "sounds
like an ending" in that slightly lower blurred fashion that we all do when
we don't know the words but sorta pretend we do   :-)

                     Rick