Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] VLMOC: anti-Americanism, so-called

Heidi Shenk nedkellytheking@hotmail.com
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 08:18:53 -0500

Hey everyone,

I have to agree here with these people that we should take our arguments to
Powderpolitics.  I have already seen and heard enough about the war in my
classes, on tv, over dinner, while hanging out w/my friends, etc.  I am a
huge Midnight Oil fan and while part of that is because of what they stand
for, I would REALLY like to be able to talk about the band and not this
war!!  I have already heard too much about it, and it's not that I'm not
trying to be in denial about it.  It just seems that there could be at least
one place that I don't have to hear about it and that I can talk about
something I ENJOY instead!!  I already tried to post a topic about the Oils
NOT having to do with this war so that we could get off the topic for a bit,
but too many of you were too busy arguing with each other to even notice!
In case you guys haven't figured it out yet, when there are people with
different political views arguing against each other, THEY GET NOWHERE!!  If
all of you guys are anything like me, then you are the most stubborn people
in the entire world and so I know you guys will not change your views.  If
anything can we please at least respect each others opinions and try and
learn something from each other rather than squabbling over why or why not
this war should be happening as well as all the other topics that have come
up dealing with this war.  I am starting to find that the arguing on this
list is completely immature in the nature that you guys can't stand back and
understand that people have a right to their own opinion whether you agree
or not.  Frankly, I find this sad that you can't step back and understand
this when most of you are a lot older than I and should be able to do this!
  In reality this war is happening, and frankly we can't do much about it at
this point.  Not to be negative about this, but it's time to face reality.
Nothing you say here on the list is going to change this, so can we please
get back to the Oils!?

Heidi

'Put down that weapon or we'll all be gone,
I must know something to know it's so wrong'
                    -Midnight Oil