Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Why nothing from Red Sails?

tone poem taralys@hotmail.com
Mon, 20 May 2002 11:21:51 +1000

Apperently, the oils were trying to engineer it an octave lower....
(but it didn't work out?? I'll sing the high part, if they like!!)

-rumour milling in sydney, ian.

----Original Message Follows----
From: Tom Davies <tdav@wam.umd.edu>
CC: Powerworks <powderworks@cs.colorado.edu>
Subject: Re: [Powderworks] Why nothing from Red Sails?
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 19:59:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 19 May 2002, John Palmer wrote:

 > As far as 'Kosciusco' goes, I know it has been stated on this list that
Rob
 > says they don't play it anymore because he can't get his voice up that
high
 > anymore.

I've heard that before, and I've often wished they would just change the
song a bit so that Rob doesn't have to sing that really high part. It
would still be a great, great song if it were sung lower. I don't know
enough to say exactly how it should be transposed, but I'm sure it could
be done if Rob wanted to do it. Or if Peter wanted to take over lead
vocals on that song -- I can imagine him sounding great singing it, in a
lower register of course. There's just so much power, so much punch, in
that song.

ah well...

tom