Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] RE: Kosciusko

Travis Zanoni TravisZ@actf.com.au
Mon, 20 May 2002 10:27:54 +1000

I remember watching the guys soundcheck in Adelaide a couple of years ago.
They were playing Kosciusko in a lower key so that Rob could sing....but
they never got around to the verses..they just kept playing the middle
instrumental part over and over.  That was fine by me because it's my
favourite part of the song.

Some soundchecks are fantastic to listen to.  Peter is rarely there but when
they play a song the other guys still come in with their harmony parts.  At
the same soundcheck in Adelaide they played My Country and it was just
brilliant listening to Bones and Rob singing.  Then they launched into
Common Ground....yes the extended version....it just went on, and on, and
on, and on.....I in was Moginie/Rotsey heaven!!!

Another highlight soundcheck (or series of soundchecks) was at the Corner
Hotel a few years ago.  Standing in an empty room listening to the Oils
(minus Peter) blast through Knife's Edge is quite an experience....I didn't
think it could get much better...then they played Basement Flat.  It was
going quite well, but fell apart in the guitar solo....Jim couldn't remember
how to play it.  Never thought I'd see the day.