Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] In the news today- WHAT??

Phil L. fil at arach.net.au
Sat Apr 17 10:22:03 MDT 2004

Beth Curran wrote:

> Up until now I thought you guys were kidding.......Of course, it's a
> joke (to be precise, satire, as Mike points out).  I had to go to a
> 2-day CI course last week, and my mind wandered and that article sorta
> wrote itself. - Beth
>

> PS  Our HR manager is threatening us with "servant leadership"
> training next.  Who knows what might come out after that.  If anyone
> has been exposed to that particular new fad, can you contact me
> off-list?  I have some serious concerns.  Thanks!

Sounds like a B&D workshop to me.... I don't get all this stuff,
seriously... it's just an excuse for companies to spend money and waste
time... The reason Chev's these days last 125,000 miles is because
Toyota's last (and always have lasted) 3 times as long, and people who
work on the road for a living, usually learn their lesson when they buy
a dud car....

that said, our own work ford is a throwaway item after only 2 years, and
we're buying another one, but thats because ford appear to have
recognised their pretty obvious mistakes...