Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] lyrics help? - has become NMOC by now

Mathias Hermansson hermanator51 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 14 00:30:13 MDT 2004

Close but no cigarr, Beth!

Even that way I don't think it does justice to the great divine. The
gender-neutral word "man" does imply the meaning "mankind" which would make
the lyrics say that God was a good being of mankind. I don't like to think
that God is of mankind. He/She must, IMHO, be of another kind, otherwise God
would not be Divine/Holy/God but just some big boss...

I Ould not agree the God is a good MAN or for that sake a good WOMAN but
rather God is a good GOD!

/Herman - son of a daughter of a preacherman