Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: THESE SHOULD NOT BE FORGOTTEN YEARS - AN OILSLIVE PROJECT

Jeff and Jane Scott jscott@iinet.net.au
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 21:16:23 +0800

> From:  Alister Thomas
>>
> I've recently started SHN-ing, trading etc. in earnest and have
> downloaded
> and tried to use EAC and found it full of bugs (NOT to be confused with
> being difficult to use). Instead, I use CDRWin, which I would argue, is
> just as reliable as anything else out there. Certainly the best DAO
> software I've come across...

EAC should be used for extracting the audio fom the CD's to your hard drive.
It does a better job because it reads each sector of the disc twice, then
compares the results.  If they're not indentical, it knows there is an error
and does it again.  No other extraction software that I know of
double-checks like this.

You can then use whatever you like for actually burning the discs - I don't
use EAC for that myself.

jeff...