Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Rob's Dress Code (was Rob on Denton tonite)

C-ko Linde spinifex@speakeasy.org
Tue, 6 May 2003 23:52:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Rhonda wrote:

> ...are those of us who don't try to read too much into the music still
> "scary Powdies"?  Sucks to be painted with the same brush...I'd expect
> better out of such an intelligent guy.

Eh. I'm a scary Powderworker. I want that on my tombstone. "I freaked out
Rob Hirst." Sice he never reads it, there's no way of telling if he gets
whether or not people are serious about discussing the Fashions of Midnight
Oil. Personally, I see it as a fun way to take the piss out of the
UltraMegaUberSerious fans who have Completely No Sense of Humor At All
Period About Midnight Oil.

Other fan groups of other bands are even more intense. If Rob wants scary, I
can introduce him to plenty of obsessed Nine Inch Nails fans and their
little black books of Tragic Goth Poetry. Only Trent Reznor feels their
pain. :) (I went through said Bad Poetry phase 8 years ago. I now only write
bad prose. It's a rite of passage, I swear.)

C-ko