Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Rob's 000-18 Martin revisited

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:15:36 -0500 (EST)

--0-982725443-1043705736=:45478

Hi Fellow Workers and Guitar Freaks,

While browsing at harmony-central I found these testimonials to the subtle beauty of Rob's venerable Martin. These are quotes from the user reviews posted over the years by other 000-18 owners, and might be of interest for any who want to know a bit more about these amazing axes:

"People have walked across rooms to get closer to this thing and hear it."

"The overall theme of the tone is balance, balance, balance."

"I find this guitar much easier to "inflect" voice with than my D-18V. It seems capable of producing a wider variety of sounds. The bass side is "thinner" than a dread but I don't know that the volume is any less."

"I knew from the first strum that this guitar was what good guitars were supposed to sound like."

"...if simplicity can ever be beautiful, the 000-18 might be one example of that. "
"...it really was perfect for what I was hoping to learn ... which was finger style "American Primitive" music. "

"But my favorite thing about these 000-18's is that they are responsive i.e. if you put a little bit of energy into the guitar, a little bit of sound comes out; if you play hard, it responds accordingly."

"the 000-18 is a very comfortable guitar to play. It kind of fits well with a human body; it is easy to think about what you are playing, as opposed to dealing with a massive guitar body or neck. "
"000-18 neck has a very user-friendly feel to it .. no binding, no ornamentation or carving. Every single person who plays my 000-18 wants to steal the neck. "

And here's my personal favourite:

"If God called me up and asked me to play the worlds biggest music gig, I'd use this instrument. re: Durability: I have beaten on this thing for 30 some-odd years now and it's still completely solid and actually improving."

"Most people I know who once owned an 000-18 and then sold it rue the day they let it go."

Guess that pretty much says it all! These little jewels are worth getting excited about.   :)

cheers eh,

bruce in calgary

---------------------------------

--0-982725443-1043705736=:45478

<P>Hi Fellow Workers and Guitar Freaks,</P>
<P>While browsing at harmony-central I found these testimonials to the subtle&nbsp;beauty of Rob's venerable Martin. These are quotes from the user reviews&nbsp;posted over the years by other 000-18 owners,&nbsp;and might be of interest for any who&nbsp;want to&nbsp;know a bit more about these amazing axes:</P>
<P>"People have walked across rooms to get closer to this thing and hear it."</P>
<P>"The overall theme of the tone is balance, balance, balance."</P>
<P>"I find this guitar much easier to "inflect" voice with than my D-18V. It seems capable of producing a wider variety of sounds. The bass side is "thinner" than a dread but I don't know that the volume is any less."</P>
<P>"I knew from the first strum that this guitar was what good guitars were supposed to sound like."</P>
<P>"...if simplicity can ever be beautiful, the 000-18 might be one example of that. "
<P>"...it really was perfect for what I was hoping to learn ... which was finger style "American Primitive" music. "
<P><BR>"But my favorite thing about these 000-18's is that they are responsive i.e. if you put a little bit of energy into the guitar, a little bit of sound comes out; if you play hard, it responds accordingly."<BR><BR>"the 000-18 is a very comfortable guitar to play. It kind of fits well with a human body; it is easy to think about what you are playing, as opposed to dealing with a massive guitar body or neck. "
<P>"000-18 neck has a very user-friendly feel to it .. no binding, no ornamentation or carving. Every single person who plays my 000-18 wants to steal the neck. "
<P><BR><STRONG>And here's my personal favourite:</STRONG></P>
<P>"If God called me up and asked me to play the worlds biggest music gig, I'd use this instrument. re: Durability: I have beaten on this thing for 30 some-odd years now and it's still completely solid and actually improving."</P>
<P>"Most people I know who once owned an 000-18 and then sold it rue the day they let it go."</P>
<P><STRONG>Guess that pretty much says it all!&nbsp;These little jewels are worth getting excited about.&nbsp;&nbsp; :)</STRONG></P>
<P>cheers eh,</P>
--0-982725443-1043705736=:45478--