Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Live and Electric - 14 Oct 1994 - Selina's (Sydney) - weed CLOSED

Kate Parker Adams kate@dnki.net
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:53:23 -0400

>I also decided to award a copy to the most original answer, provided
>by [name removed]
>
>"Nick Launay was responsible for recording both
>guys best drum sounds of their career (in the same
>studio, The Town House, London). Phil's album was
>Face Value (1981) Nick was assistant engineer on
>these sessions, though responsible for the recoding of
>the drums!. Rob's record was 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
>(1982)."

Hmmmm.  Such a finely detailed and authoritative answer here in the states
would qualify one as a "wonk" ... as in "policy wonk" or "the sound of
one's head hitting a conference table during a lengthy and detailed
discussion".

I'm not sure what the equivalent appellation would be in the Commonwealth
nations, but it would have a similar spelling I'm sure.

<grins puckishly>

Good answer Damien.  Good answer.

I'm not sure what that would be