Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Fwd: The war ... not funny

Anna Offler aoffler@iprimus.com.au
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 23:43:31 +0930

Craig,
You must have star spangled eyes If you dont think that American Govt and
its business partners are not after the control of oil to preserve its way
of life and most importantly get Dubya re-elected as it's economy benefits
from this and the post war recovery contracts.
Since when has it ever been interested in democracy in other countries
unless it matches US business interests. The democracy the White House wants
is the freedom for US interests to make lots of money in those countries.
I thought the article gave enough examples of that, Chile, etc. These have
been well documented in more than 1 independent source. Pinochet killed tens
of thousands with his death squads.
Why else were our Oils singing about US Forces, Short Memory, My Country.
The only WOMD we have heard about so far are some drums of pesticide in the
countryside. Surprise surprise they use it to kill locusts that eat the
grain. If he had them why were,nt they used. Someone of his warped mind
would not have hesitated.
I have had my rant for now folks. It just baffles me that people cannot see
the woods for the trees. The old Anti-Israeli chestnut comes out again.
Sounds like John Howard. If you dont support the war then you dont support
our troops.
Lew

Craig Jacobson wrote