Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Perth - Night 1/2

Phil L. fil@innaloo.net
Fri, 01 Nov 2002 16:07:12 +0800

--------------090403090005050101000502

  Jeff and Jane Scott wrote:

> This would be the first time ever I've seen them without a single song
> from 10,9,8... being in the setlist, although that wasn't something I
> noticed until I wrote the list down.

yes..... we commented on that at the end of the night.... was expecting
to see another encore for patp or us forces.....

> Now I know all the Europeans are eagerly waiting for me to say I spoke
> to the band afterwards and found out the inside story on the cancelled
> tour, but I'm afraid I didn't.  I'll see how tonight goes (I don't
> have to go to work tomorrow, so I might hang around a while after the
> show).
>
> I got some good comments from people on how great the Powderworks
> shirt is, but not (as far as I know) from any other Powderworkers.
> Maybe tonight?

I was right up the top level, on Martin/Pete's end of the stage.... now
that you mention the drum sticks.... I did see you catch one..... And I
remember the shirt now :)

Side note.... the pommy bouncer that was down the front there for a lot
of the show.... (was one of the ones dragging the kicking and sreaming
girl out (I'm guessing she threw something at the band after hearing
Pete's comments at the end of the song)) went to school with one of the
guys I was there with.... :)

--

--------------090403090005050101000502

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
<title></title>
          Jeff and Jane Scott wrote:<br>

 cite="mid5.1.0.14.0.20021101145910.00a56250@mail.iinet.net.au"><br>
 This would be the first time ever I've seen them without a single song from
 10,9,8... being in the setlist, although that wasn't something I noticed
 until I wrote the list down. <br>
 yes..... we commented on that at the end of the night.... was expecting
to see another encore for patp or us forces.....<br>

 cite="mid5.1.0.14.0.20021101145910.00a56250@mail.iinet.net.au"><br>
 Now I know all the Europeans are eagerly waiting for me to say I spoke to
 the band afterwards and found out the inside story on the cancelled tour,
 but I'm afraid I didn't.&nbsp; I'll see how tonight goes (I don't have to go to
 work tomorrow, so I might hang around a while after the show). <br>
 I got some good comments from people on how great the Powderworks shirt
is,  but not (as far as I know) from any other Powderworkers.&nbsp; Maybe tonight?
I was right up the top level, on Martin/Pete's end of the stage.... now that
you mention the drum sticks.... I did see you catch one..... And I remember
the shirt now :)<br>
Side note.... the pommy bouncer that was down the front there for a lot of
the show.... (was one of the ones dragging the kicking and sreaming girl
out (I'm guessing she threw something at the band after hearing Pete's comments
at the end of the song)) went to school with one of the guys I was there
with.... :)<br>
 cite="mid5.1.0.14.0.20021101145910.00a56250@mail.iinet.net.au"><br>
 Night 2, here we come... <br>
 jeff... <br>