Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Mini-workers

Kiri W screaminblue88@hotmail.com
Thu, 08 Aug 2002 02:55:58 +0000

My daughter (now 21 years old) was a mini worker from birth. Kid didn't have
a chance really. Knew all the words to most songs. Went to concerts with mom
and dad from age 6 on. Wore out my copy of Black Fella White Fella and Black
Rain videos. Used to amuse her friends by dancing like Pete. Although her
taste in music changed around the age of 18, I still catch her humming River
Runs Red, when she thinks I'm not listening!

Cheers,
KW

>From: "Beth Curran" <bcurran@columbus.rr.com>
>To: <powderworks@cs.colorado.edu>
>Subject: [Powderworks] Mini-workers
>Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 18:02:50 -0400
>
>Have anyone else's kids turned into little workers after watching the
>20K RSL DVD?  My 8 year old was already a fan but is now pretty much
>obsessed - picking up bits from the videos (Sample:  "Hey, Mom, that
>song is Read About It and Peter's wearing a newspaper suit!  Get it?
>You reeeeead a newwwwwwwspaperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?  Get it?") and reading
>the lyric sheets from the CDs as the DVD plays.  The 4 year old,
>formerly watching Harry Potter about eleventy-million times per month,
>is now demanding "I want the Midnight Oils music" and sits there
>fascinated, singing bits and pieces.
>
>Now if only I could get them to give equal time to my Alan Rickman
>movies, I wouldn't have a thing to wish for on the entertainment front.
>;^} - Beth

It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.