Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Golden Age

nina ninajill73@hotmail.com
Wed, 07 Aug 2002 13:40:37 -0500

the strangest place i've heard/seen midnight oil being played was at macy's
department store a few years ago here in boston. i was in the junior's
section (yes, even at 29, i still peruse juniors, shhh - don't tell). i
heard "forgotten years" and then looked up to see the flashy tv screens
actually playing the video! - you know the tv's i'm talking about. usually,
in the junior's section they play teeny-bopper boy bands to attract the
teens to the clothes and keep the area of the department store 'hip' and
trendy.

so, you can imagine my shock that the oils were being played for that
demographic and the fact that the song isn't exactly teeny-bopper
material... and that the song was 10 years old when they were showing it. i
would bet that none of the other girls shopping recognized the song, but it
made me really happy and i stood there in the middle of the store watching
the whole video!

yay oils!

nina