Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC Re: SMTP delivery error

Phil L FIL-Racing@iinet.net.au
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 17:09:21 +0800

Bjorn Blomquist wrote:

> Just to make it clear. As I remember it, there was a recent discussion that
> there are many people on this list getting these delivery error messages? I
> have received on for each message I've posted to Powderworks under my new
> mail address (not with my old one).
>
> Why do we get these error messages, when in fact the posts have found their
> way to the list? Anything we can do about it?

They've found their way to the list... but not to all the recipients.... as I'm
sure you've noticed... the reply-to address on all posts is the authors
address... which probly means that any bounce notices go to the author too....

This is able to be changed by the mailing list owner... but they need to be
convinced that the majority of members want this to be done.... From memory,
having it set up as it is solves some other problems.... but there are ways to
solve anything :-)

--
Phil L.

ICQ: 26289546
Mobile: 0403 05 2070

Photo's and Information from Wanneroo (Barbagallo) Raceway, including Sports
Sedans.
http://www.iinet.net.au/~hibeach/

WA Sporting Car Club e-mail list: wascc-subscribe@egroups.com