Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: (powd) Bin there, done that?

Henry Longmore Henry.Krit.Longmore@m.cc.utah.edu
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 12:06:48 -0600 (MDT)

One more comment on Osama...

He was studying economics when he turned to his extremist brand of
religion.  It was also that this time that he decided the US was an
enemy.

There are plenty of tall apartment buildings the terrorists could have
gone after if all they wanted to do was kill people.  It is my belief
that the terrorists wanted to do not just the 'usual' kill-lots-of-
people-and-cause-lots-of-grief-terror, but also they wanted to pull
off some economic terror.

Henry K

 }As for Osama, he threatened weeks ago that the US needed to watch out, but
 }didn't give specifics.  Also, I was wondering (yesterday), "Why
 }today?" And my wife told me she heard on the news that one of Osama's
 }associates, who took part in the bombing of the WTC, was going to be
 }on trial today.
 }
 }Henry K.
 }
 } }Nearly 300 firemen are still missing and almost 90 policemen, last I
 } }heard.  Consider the 200 something people on the planes, and then of
 } }course, everyone else.
 } }Kel