Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: (powd) terrorism

Mitchega@aol.com Mitchega@aol.com
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 13:24:11 EDT

Thanks Kelly for your thoughts.  This is Art.  I haven't been active on this list for some time but some of you know me well.  I work in the Pentagon and was here during the attack as I am right at this moment.  I was extremely lucky to be on the exact opposite side of where the plain crashed.  We didn't even know it had happened until we evacuated the building and looked up into the sky to see black smoke pouring from the other side of the Pentagon.

This morning when I returned to work the Pentagon was still burning.  About an hour ago I went to see the status and found that the fire was finally out.  The entire Pentagon smells of smoke.  My eyes are burning.  It could be a very nervous time working here for awhile wondering when and if this could happen again.

Lets all pray the likes of yesterday never ever happen again.

Art