Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils DVD-R Givaway with restrictions (Or is it a vine?)

Chris Graham wcgraham at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 21 12:02:44 MST 2005

For those who may be unfamiliar:

Intimate and Interactive was a series that Canada's MuchMusic ran for a while, that was similar in concept to Unplugged, except that there was a question & answer period with the band.  I also think the audiences were smaller and the seating more informal.

This show is from 1993 from the Earth & Sun & Moon tour.  The band was travelling across the country with Canada's The Tragically Hip and others on the Another Roadside Attraction festival tour.

While the Oils didn't stray from 1988+ anthems on the tour, they did pull out some fantastic moments for the Intimate & Interactive show.

Though the material and instumentation are similar to the Oils' MTV Unplugged set, there are some tracks for which this set is superior IMHO.  Add to that a good amount of talk with the band, including audience questions, and you have a worthy addition to any collection.

This is the humble opinion of the guy who recorded the VHS tape that was used to make the DVD.  :-)  I hope the quality is alright; I never played the tape for years for fear of degrading it.

Chris