Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils survey

Mark & Selena Sira msira at calis.com
Wed Sep 8 00:36:27 MDT 2004

OK, I'll give it a spin...

1. what's your name? Mark
2. where do you live? Sacramento, California
3. how old are you? 34
4. what do you do for a living? Network admin
5. what was the first song you heard by the Oils? Read about it
6. how old were you when you heard it? 18
7. what are your two favorite albums, from one extreme to the other?
Red Sails - Redneck
8. favorite energetic song? Kosciusko
9. favorite slow song?  Stars of Warburton
10. what song(s) defines the Oils? Sometimes
11. what song is *least* characteristic of the Oils? Surf's Up Tonight.
Bleah...
12. Martin or Jim? Jim, definitely
13. what Oils song did you absolutely hate at first and now love? Blot
14. did you buy any Oils releases totally on faith, without having heard
single song before buying it? Everything after D&D
15. do you play any instruments? guitar
16. if you could go to any ONE place mentioned in an Oils song, where
would you go? Warburton
17. have the Oils ever inspired you to take any direct action as part of

any environmental/social activist cause? A bit.  I already leaned that
way anyway.
18. have you ever had any Oils-related dreams? Nope
19. Bones or Giffo? Giffo.  He was pretty much out of the picture by the
time I really started to delve into the MO catalog, but he's on the
majority of my favorite stuff.  Also, from what little I've seen in
footage, he seems like he was more energetic live than Bones.  Tough
choice.  Bones is great too.
20. what forgotten song deserves another spin? Basement Flat