Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] MP?

Tribe Goddard daznsam at webone.com.au
Sat Oct 9 18:57:42 MDT 2004

Garrett wins Kingsford Smith comfortably
Former Midnight Oil front man and Labor's star recruit Peter Garrett has
improved on his predecessor's vote in the safe Sydney seat of Kingsford
Smith, winning it comfortably.

Mr Garrett says he is ready to take on his new role as a politician.

"I want to be a constructive member of the team," he said.

"I want to try and have my own skills and interests and abilities used as
best they can, whatever capacity that is.

"Clearly I've got a strong and abiding interest in the environment, in
Indigenous issues.

"There's a whole raft of issues, things which I'm very committed to and I'll
just play whatever role I can in the caucus and whatever role [Labor leader]
Mark [Latham] has for me."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200410/s1216745.htm