Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Apologies NMOC - and now joffa's waiting for the flames...

Jeff McLean jeffm at jeack.com.au
Thu Nov 4 13:12:10 MST 2004

hi kate -

your comment "willing to give up liberty for safety" is incorrect,
because in the act of giving up liberty 'we' have almost certainly given
up our safety too.  and if we can only think of this problem as
terrorists doing it to us coz they are crazy, and we don't see the
reason why (ie. continue to ignore the reasons why they may be pissed
off) then we continue to place ourselves in peril and side with highly
questionable ethics.  i always find it similar to the two brothers - one
has been needling and heckling and stuffing up the other for years, and
the  other finally cracks and lashes out, giving the first brother
carte-blanche to continue to physically harm until the second brother
relents and says he was wrong.  what parent would side with the first
brother???

furthermore, i don't know how kerry could have won.  bush had fox, etc.,
working for him 24hrs a day and a weekly rally (i'm strongly trying to
avoid reference to the nürnburg ralllies in pre-WWII germany, as i've
just finished watching "triumph des willens" (triumph of the will)) for
the last 4 years in the form of most of the evangelical churches.

congratulations to all of you that tried to provide a better leader for
your country.  you can all feel as proud as the republicans are happy,
and get ready to do it all again in 2008.

joffa