Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] United States of Shame? NMOC

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish at yahoo.ca
Thu Nov 4 10:42:39 MST 2004

Greetings Powder People of All Political Stripes,

Ashamed of being American???

Maybe you should just be ashamed.

If you really believe that the millions of educated and clear thinking folks who happen to disagree with your construction of reality, etc. (and voted accordingly in the US) are 'homophobic and ... frightened folk willing to give up liberty..." then YOU are arrogant and ignorant. You have invented your own stereotyped political enemies, and cast aspersions on anybody that dares to differ from your little pop culture view of morality. Ummm... and WE are the bigots??

As for your promised and certainly immanent leaving of America, may I suggest going someplace where you can actually contribute to the recovery of one of the 'colonial outposts' you somehow feel personally responsible for having buggered and debauched? I'm sure they would appreciate your contribution, and your astute political reflections.

And speaking of buggering off, I think I will quit this list before it degenerates further into a pseudo-leftist politically-correct cyber circle jerk.

I'll see ya when I see ya eh.

bruce in calgary

Kate Parker Adams <kate at dnki.net> wrote:
there are clearly deep divisions in our country between the homophobic and
terrorist-frightened folk willing to give up liberty for safety and the
glorious promise of a failed colonial paradigm and those of us who see it
all as a dangerously arrogant, ignorant no-win shell game.