Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils Covers

Michael Blackwood blackwood_michael at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 4 09:22:56 MST 2004

Hey, gang.  I figured some of you may welcome a distraction from oils-free
political discussion, so I'm soliciting some MOC help!

I'm putting together an compilation of "Oils Covers", studio versions of
bands covering the Oils, and studio versions of the Oils covering different
artists.  I need help compiling a list of the STUDIO covers the Oils have
released.  My list thus far:

(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace Love and Understanding   (Elvis Costello)
Pub With No Beer   (Slim Dusty)
The Real Thing   (Russell Morris)
Wharf Rat   (Greatful Dead)
Kolele Mai    (Traditional, words by F.B. DaCosta)
No Man's Land   (Alan Simon)

I'm wondering if Kolele Mai is technically a cover - was it only ever
performed by the Oils?  Likewise, did anyone else ever release No Man's
Land?  And was the studio version of (WSFB)PL&U ever released by the Oils,
or is the version floating around a studio demo?

Any info and/or additons would be appreciated.  As you can see from above,
I'm not always looking for who WROTE the song, but who originally PERFORMED
it & inpired the Oils to cover it.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Mike