Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC: today

Kate Parker Adams kate at dnki.net
Tue Nov 2 18:50:05 MST 2004

All I can say, as one of Kerry's Massachusetts constituents, is that while
Kerry may not be my ideal candidate and he may not represent the all the
things I would like him to, I have found his office/organization to be
extremely responsive to constituent concerns.  In fact, I even received a
personally written response from him once (verified through a coworker's
roommate, who is a staffer).

As I get older, I have come to realize that perfect candidates will NEVER
materialize.  Just give me someone who listens - someone I can lobby/hassle,
somebody who realizes a balance between keeping in touch with those he or
she represents and the value in doing the right thing regardless and I will
be a happy little activist.