Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] New PG articles

James Warren jimcwarren at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 9 15:45:25 MST 2004

The following quote from Garrett is outstanding:

"I haven't had a chance to yarn with him and take him through the rest of the Oils lyrics, which I think would be very useful for the Government to have a look at and a read of."

When I started turning from a Midnight Oil fan to an obessed Midnight Oil Fan, I always had this idea that something larger was looming. I'm very excited to hear Garrett speaking out as a politician, and while his retirement was tough two years ago, I like to think of it as part of the evolution that was inevitable. Now if the rest of the band would play live and make some new music together, I would call the whole situation "Nothing lost, much gained."

-Jim