Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils Survey

robert.w.matthews at power.alstom.com robert.w.matthews at power.alstom.com
Tue Aug 31 08:03:38 MDT 2004

For those that care...

1.  what's your name? Rob
2.  where do you live?  Knoxville TN USA
3.  how old are you?  37
4.  what do you do for a living?  Project Manager for a company that sells
air pollution control equipment to utilities and other industrial users
5.  what was the first song you heard by the Oils?  Beds Are Burning
6.  how old were you when you heard it?  21
7.  what are your two favorite albums, from one extreme to the other?  10,
9, 8...  &  Earth, Sun & Moon
8.  favorite energetic song?  Kosciusko
9.  favorite slow song?  One Country
10.  what song(s) defines the Oils?  Sometimes
11. what song is *least* characteristic of the Oils? One Too Many Times &
Bakerman
12.  Martin or Jim?  Like peanut butter and jelly they go so well together
13.  what Oils song did you absolutely hate at first and now love? Can't
say I actually hated any one song, but some of the Redneck songs have grown
on me more over time as compared to first listen, i.e. Blot
14.  did you buy any Oils releases totally on faith, without having  heard
a single song before buying it?  All except Diesel & Dust (my introduction
to the band through Beds) & Breathe (I had a radio station promo before the
official release, but went and bought it the first day it was available
anyway)
15.  do you play any instruments?  I play guitar but by no means am I a
guitar player
16.  if you could go to any ONE place mentioned in an Oils song, where
would you go? Not picky, I would just like to go to Australia
17.  have the Oils ever inspired you to take any direct action as  part of
any environmental/social activist cause?  No, not directly
18. MO dream?  None that I remember
19.  Bones or Giffo?  Bones if for only the backup vocals
20.  what forgotten song deserves another spin? Land, just for the fact
that since it is not on any full length album, EP or extended single it
gets forgotten by me, at least, and I should probably dig it up and give it
another spin

CONFIDENTIALITY : This  e-mail  and  any attachments are confidential and
may be privileged. If  you are not a named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use
it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.