Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils survey

Randy Van Vliet bigdaddyrv at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 11:42:02 MDT 2004

I'm assuming someone is collecting these and will publish some results or trends?

1. what's your name? Randy Van Vliet
2. where do you live? California, US
3. how old are you? 42
4. what do you do for a living? "General" Insurance Manager
5. what was the first song you heard by the Oils? Beds
6. how old were you when you heard it? Probably mid 20's
7. what are your two favorite albums, from one extreme to the other? Breathe and Redneck Wonderland

8. favorite energetic song? Koscuiscko
9. favorite slow song? River Runs Red
10. what song(s) defines the Oils? Time to Heal.
11. what song is *least* characteristic of the Oils? The Real Thing.
12. Martin or Jim? Jim.
13. what Oils song did you absolutely hate at first and now love? Tin Legs and Tin Mines - You really have to hear it live to appreciate it.
14. did you buy any Oils releases totally on faith, without having heard a
single song before buying it? Breathe was the first but HITS just about everything except for Beds was very low profile so I bought just about everything on faith after hearing Diesel and Dust and Breathe.
15. do you play any instruments? No.
16. if you could go to any ONE place mentioned in an Oils song, where would
you go? Uluru.
17. have the Oils ever inspired you to take any direct action as part of
any environmental/social activist cause? not directly, but it reinforced my latent social activist side..
18. have you ever had any Oils-related dreams? No
19. Bones or Giffo? Bones.
20. what forgotten song deserves another spin? Maralinga.