Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Pete

Ross Locket rosslocket at optusnet.com.au
Sat Apr 3 14:19:41 MST 2004

There is an article on Pete in one of today's newspapers in Sydney.  It
indicates that he may stand for the Green party in this years federal
election which is no surprise.

It also includes the following quote from Pete - "Garret says he's open to
the idea of sending Midnight Oil off properly.  There's never really a right
time to quit so I think it did feel abrupt.

I'm open to some sort of farewell show or celebration somewhere down the
track, if that's what people want to do.

It's really up to the guys.  People are taking time to think whether they
want to do it, but I've always had my hand up".

We may see them again one last time.  Perhaps they could perform their final
concert(s) at the Capital Theatre?

Ross