Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Great moments in infinite trivia

Jess Clark jess5710@yahoo.com
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:29:47 -0700 (PDT)

--0-390803945-1064870987=:72558

It must have been a high point in their career when the boys learned that they rated a mention in...

Well, perhaps they're learning it now.   But browsing a friend's bookshelf the other day I picked up "The Bear Handbook", a cute little volume modeled on "The Preppy Handbook", and lo and behold, on page 13, Necessary items to have on hand when trying to seduce an Aussie bear include tickets to see the Oils.

I would not make this up.  I would, however, edit for decency.

For those of you who don't know, a "bear" is a term used to describe certain large hairy gay men.

Actually, this might be considered more flattering than the mention they got in Tim Winton's book "The Riders"

discuss.
Jess

--0-390803945-1064870987=:72558

<DIV>It must have been a high point in their career when the boys learned that they rated a mention in...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Well, perhaps they're learning it now.&nbsp;&nbsp; But browsing a friend's bookshelf the other day I picked up "The Bear Handbook", a cute little volume modeled on "The Preppy Handbook", and lo and behold, on page 13, Necessary items to have on hand when trying to seduce an Aussie bear include tickets to see the Oils.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I would not make this up.&nbsp; I would, however, edit for decency.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>For those of you who don't know, a "bear" is&nbsp;a term used to describe certain large hairy gay men.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Actually, this might be considered more flattering than the mention they got in Tim Winton's book "The Riders"</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>discuss.</DIV>
<DIV>Jess</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>