Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Existence

Kate Parker Adams kate@dnki.net
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:56:28 -0400

Red light gives heat for all manner of processes, including personal
warmth.  Fire enabled early humans to spread throughout all climate zones
on the planet. Blue light- or shall we say purple light, ultraviolet, etc.
- disrupts DNA of living organisms.  That can be bad or good depending on
context - good if you are extinguishing TB in a hospital ventilation, bad
if you get sunburned one too many times.

Too much of either can kill.  Infrared, however, is generally far more useful.

there ya go!
kPa