Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

Kate Parker Adams kate@dnki.net
Tue, 09 Sep 2003 19:09:14 -0400

My husband was just blasting it and screaming the lyrics at the top of his
lungs this morning.  Good thing our neighbors leave early for work!  He was
preparing to attend a demonstration in the presence of Imperial Grand
Wizard (actually Attorney General) Ashcroft who was speaking downtown in
defense of his double-plus ungood "Patriot Act" today.  Ashcroft, who has
gone on record against constitutional protections and whose policies have
made a mockery of original intent, had the nerve to desecrate Faneuil Hall
(known as "The Cradle of Liberty" for it's stature in debates that framed
the US revolution and legal framework) with his presence.

Excellent music, excellent lyrics, drive and beat just don't let up, and an
excellent psych-up for a good old time shitstir!  Refreshing as a good
brick between the eyes. Certainly one of my favorite albums, even if it is
very creepily current.  Short memory anybody ...