Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] the job thang...

Erin Oneill Erin.Oneill at newcastle.edu.au
Sun Nov 2 16:57:24 MST 2003

hello all,

Despite having a PhD in immunology (ANU) it would seem that it is time for me to leave science.  The grant runs out on dec 31st, and to be honest?  THANK GOD FOR THAT!  I really do hate my boss and the monumentaly dull projectI have to do (it on muscle physiology - don't ask)!  Unfortunately, science in Australia being what it is (crap) I won't be continuing on... so, I have applied to do a masters of pharmacy here in Newcastle with the aim of doing a mix of hospital (clinical), community and research pharmacy (anyone pharmacists on the list?  If so, drop me a line!).  That should allow me to be less bored, and eventually get above the bread line.
I have a dream... of owning an environmentally responsible Porsche Boxster...! (I'm sorry, but I do get off on elegant engineering... but have no fear, by the time I can afford one, pigs will fly and the Boxster will run on air).

I should find out about the course this week.  Don't know what I'll do if I don't get in.

Great to hear about what everyone else gets up to though!

Cheerio,
Erin.

Erin O'Neill, PhD
Dept. of Human Physiology,