Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC What's on your bookshelves?

Sharon Nearhoof May nearhoofmay@cox.net
Fri, 23 May 2003 20:22:38 -0700

It's too hard to pick five....here's a shot....

1. Dune by Frank Herbert -- love the book, love the whole series, and
I'm not really much of a sci-fi person
2. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez -- the man
is a genius, this book takes my breath away.
3. Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison.  Anything by her is wonderful, and
I have a hard time choosing between this one and Beloved.
4. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver.
5. The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.

This is a great thread -- makes me want to head to the library to read
some of your favorites!
Sharon