Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC!

Jacques Cuneo jccuneo@bellsouth.net
Sun, 11 May 2003 23:07:39 -0500

Also NMOC, but sometimes it absolutely amazes me the stupidity that
sometimes comes out of our government.  During the heyday of the internet
boom, you'd figure that those in power (of course, we are talking about
Clinton (niggle, niggle ;-)) would have grabbed all the extensions
associated with "whitehouse".

Let's see:

whitehouse.gov - well, at least they got this one right
whitehouse.net - parody site
whitehouse.org - parody site
whitehouse.com - porn site

The porn site has been there for years (I can remember hitting it
accidentally over 5 years ago).  Sometimes it amazes me we have a
functional system at all...

Take care.

Jacques