Midnight Oil

Fwd: Re: [Powderworks] Rob's Book Signing

Dan Brunner dmanwi@yahoo.com
Fri, 9 May 2003 06:44:40 -0700 (PDT)

--0-674708929-1052487880=:98323

forwared for Matthew.

Note: forwarded message attached.

http://search.yahoo.com
--0-674708929-1052487880=:98323

Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 16:23:17 +1000 (EST)
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Matthew=20Wightwick?= <madboy_92001@yahoo.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Powderworks] Rob's Book Signing
To: Dan Brunner <dmanwi@yahoo.com>

Yes, I was at the book signing, but no, I didn't give
Rob a copy of the script for my musical (more on that
later).

Also, no, Willie wasn't there, just Rob's publisher (I
think).

But the book signing was good. It started off with Rob
giving a short talk about the book and a Q&A session.
I can't remember any of the questions off the top of
my head, but I do recall Rob giving us Powderworkers a
better plug than he did earlier in the week on
nation-wide TV. (Rob also gives us a good plug in his
book.)

Rob also mentioned the many opportunities people
around Australia had in the Oils' last year to see
them live. When I told him that I'd managed to bugger
up every single last one of those opportunities, he
was nice enough to tell me that he'd discovered in
life that missed opportunities now may turn into great
opportunities in the future.

Which brings me to my musical. People on this list
have mentioned that it'd be great to have the Oils
play at the end of its debut, but that isn't why I've
written it. (Nor am I holding out hope for a farewell
tour, because Rob indicated that would never happen.)
I merely wish to give a tribute to the band that has
given so much to me.

So, when I am happy with the script (which isn't now),
and I have the proper representation, I will be
presenting the idea to Midnight Oil. All of this may
take some time, though, so I must ask those (1 or 2)
people who are excited by this project to please be
patient. Thank you.

Was I really the only Powderworker from Melbourne who
was there?

God bless,

Matthew W.

--- Dan Brunner <dmanwi@yahoo.com> wrote: > Anyone
attend Rob's book signing?  Any reports?  Did