Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Willie's bar and grill

bmounier@sympatico.ca bmounier@sympatico.ca
Thu, 1 May 2003 9:05:38 -0400

Well it appears someone has an advanced copy huh?

I can't believe Rob would think us gushing! I mean such a great man, a creative person, a tireless hero, there's not a day when I don't think about him and wonder what wonderful deed he'll do for the sake of humankind, how he will bless us with his contribution but why would he think we're gushing?

I am looking forward to read the man's prose though...I wonder what it will be like. Will the prolific song writer be a good book writer? Will he have style or will he just plainly describe events, à la Andrew McMillan? Will he be utterly personal or will he take more of a neutral point of view? etc...

And let's see...Willie...wasn't that the large and mellow guy always wearing bermudas? Workers, help me out? I spoke to him once but I think he was prejudiced against blond girls. And I wasn't even gushing!

I think it's too bad Rob will widely promote it though. I distrust promotion and publicity. Thankfully, here in gushing North America, it will probably remain known only by a few privileged...

Indi, I see you gushing over there! Stop that!

Brigitte