Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Is Saudi Arabia Next? (NMOC)

Rhonda kayak@sympatico.ca
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 10:38:25 -0500

powderworks-request@cs.colorado.edu wrote:

> Subject: Re: [Powderworks] NMOC - Is Saudi Arabia next?
> Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 23:56:13 -0600
> From: Jacques Cuneo <jccuneo@bellsouth.net>
> To: powderworks@colorado.edu

<snippage>

>  The chances of some of the things bandied about here
> happening are about on the same order as seeing the Cubs win the World
> Series.

Now, Jacques, don't insult my Cubbies...you're talking to a transplanted
near-Chicagoan here who still has painful memories of 1984 (among other years)
burned in my brain.  Any mention of names like Steve Garvey and Leon Durham cause
spontaneous twitching and snarling.

This is the year!  Go Cubs Go!  Yeah!

Cheers,
Rhonda

(Keeping it extreeeeeeeemely short so I don't get ragged for taking up somebody's
precious bandwidth with something as inconsequential as *gasp* baseball.  Shall
we start a PowderSports list as well?)  ;-)