Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] oils fit

Erin Oneill Erin.Oneill@newcastle.edu.au
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:32:00 +1100

--Boundary_(ID_Dzv0AeCFaKhHOjARsh+L0w)

Hi all,

just got back from the US (Bush' speech went to air while I was in the air over the US; as I hit the ground in Newcastle, so did the bombs in Baghdad).  The first piece of music that went on when I got home was...  Beethovens 9th, the 4th and 5th movements (ode to joy).  As a person who has 4 generations of soldiers in my family (WW1, WW2, Vietnam, E. Timor) I am all too aware of the horrors of war, so I chose to celebrate some of the best of humanity - however pointless it seems sometimes.

Erin.

--Boundary_(ID_Dzv0AeCFaKhHOjARsh+L0w)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2716.2200" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 8pt Microsoft Sans Serif; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px">
<DIV><FONT size=2>Hi all,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>just got back from the US (Bush' speech went to air while I
was in the air over the US; as I hit the ground in Newcastle, so did the bombs
in Baghdad).&nbsp; The first piece of music that went on when I got home
was...&nbsp; Beethovens 9th, the 4th and 5th movements (ode to joy).&nbsp; As a
person who has 4 generations of soldiers in my family (WW1, WW2, Vietnam, E.
Timor) I am all too aware of the horrors of war, so I chose to celebrate some of
the best of humanity - however pointless it seems sometimes.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Erin.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_Dzv0AeCFaKhHOjARsh+L0w)--