Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Blogging From Bagdad

Kate Parker Adams kate@dnki.net
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:16:55 -0500

A "blog" is short for "weblog" and is simply an online journal, diary, or
other sort of individually web-published log of whatever the author wants
to do.  My personal blog consists of a lot of essays about this and
that.  Some are short diary entries (like the one I linked in Bagdad) that
shed light on a person's everyday life and provide insight into their
little corner of the world.  Others are lots and lots of links with some
report and comment and a few are highly graphics and photo driven.

Some folks like things like instapundit, which are more news oriented.  I
personally don't care for them because I can read news and form my own
opinions myself.  I much prefer blogs that give me a window on other
people's lives through their stories about what they do.  Many types of
blogs, many types of readers, and almost anything goes!