Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC:Rabbit Proof Fence

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:45:58 -0500 (EST)

--0-348566069-1048185958=:6633

What is this? "LRF?!" This kind of anger and arrogance smacks of the same kind of intolerant bigotry that dehumanized the very Aborigines that you're attempting to advocate for. Your mate asked a perfectly valid question - might an official gov't apology open the door for the blood sucking leeches in the legal profession to make a mockery of the whole tragedy? Better to reform the land situation - Give It Back - to quote a pop tune by someone or other. Talk is cheap anyway. Saying sorry might be a great idea, but it won't solve the problem. It's just a start, but it might actually be a potential excuse for dropping the issue, as in 'hey, we said sorry - what more do you want?'  Worse yet, it could potentially make the issue about money. It's not about money - we've been going down that road in Canada for a few years, and the results are absolutely scandalous Nobody that needs the money most sees a nickel of it. It vanishes beyond audit into the leaky pockets of the councils and beauracracies and lawyers, etc. It's not about money, it's about land. Perhaps it would be better to shut up and get on with dealing with the issue. Give it back.
Just a thought/question eh.
 bruce 'feel free to flame my big red-necked arse' in calgary
 [name removed] <example@example.com> wrote:

You were right about starting to get shit thrown around with that remark!!!
you little Redneck Fuck!!
Paul Keating said sorry and publicly revealed the horrors these people went
through (in his great speech in Redfren Park in 1992) and were there
millions of dollars in phony law suits then??? no
Just the beginning of a public understanding and support for people that has
missed out on it for too long!
And all Howard has done has brought it upon himself to waste our tax payers
dollars turning back every bit of landmark policy Keating put in place. (yes
i am pissed off and yes i am a Keating and Gough Whitlam fan! so fucking
shoot me!!!).

All the best wishes to the non Redneck Fucks out there who are
not responsible for hate and xenophobia and the need to support the bastards
who want to bomb the living daylights out of women and children for
[name removed].