Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: US Forces

Powdworker@aol.com Powdworker@aol.com
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 17:19:28 EST

--part1_29.3b762480.2ba65270_boundary

In a message dated 3/16/2003 9:52:52 AM Eastern Standard Time, kate@dnki.net
writes:

> I don't know why it took me so long to figure it out, but I realized in a
> dream last night that US Forces is cleverly written in the style of what is
> sometimes called a "Jody" or military marching song.  If you pull the
> guitar patterns and some of Pete's artistic license with the meter, it has
> the right cadence and call-response patterns for a good mile or so of
> marching single time.
>
> Anyone else with ... um ... military exposure notice this?  Just think
> about the movie Stripes and you can get the picture.

You're right, I *can* imagine a bunch of soldiers marching along and singing
this in call-response! Heh-heh! Very clever....

Back to lurking,
Patty in Maryland

--part1_29.3b762480.2ba65270_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 3/16/2003 9:52:52 AM Eastern Standa=
rd Time, kate@dnki.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I don't know why it took me so=20=
long to figure it out, but I realized in a dream last night that US Forces i=
s cleverly written in the style of what is sometimes called a "Jody" or mili=
tary marching song.&nbsp; If you pull the guitar patterns and some of Pete's=
 artistic license with the meter, it has the right cadence and call-response=
 patterns for a good mile or so of marching single time.<BR>
<BR>
Anyone else with ... um ... military exposure notice this?&nbsp; Just think=20=
about the movie Stripes and you can get the picture.<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
You're right, I *can* imagine a bunch of soldiers marching along and singing=
 this in call-response! Heh-heh! Very clever....<BR>
<BR>
Back to lurking,<BR>
Patty in Maryland<BR>
</FONT></HTML>