Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] "Moginie James"

Maurice R. Kelly mkelly@deadheart.org.uk
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 09:46:54 +0000 (GMT)

On Mar 5, C-ko Linde wrote:

> They seem to be some sort of mortgage firm in the UK.
>
> I'm tempted to send them a resume/CV, just so I could get the rejection
> letter!
>
> Anyone know where 'Moginie' comes from anyway? Google's coughed up a
> mortgage firm, some dorm in New Zealand, and a zillion references for some
> strange band from Australia.

I have a funny feeling it's an Irish name, or is derived from an Irish
name. I know there is a name McGeeney which is pronounced some thing
similar to Moginie. Also, the fact that Jim once was credited as Seamus on
an album has implanted in my mind the idea that he has Irish rots, which
makes a McGeeney-Moginie tie-up more plausible.

I'm probably clutching at straws though.

Cheers

--
Maurice R. Kelly
mkelly@deadheart.org.uk