Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] PG a Christian??

Beth Curran bcurran@columbus.rr.com
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 13:54:23 -0400

All types - just like non-believers.  So far as I'm concerned, faith and
religion are two completely different things.  It seems clear to me that
the members who write the songs have the former, but I have no idea
about the latter.  If you make the distinction between the two it's
easier to understand the apparent contradiction inherent in a
non-believer being a MO fan.  Most of their so-called Christian songs
are really about faith, which is why I like them so much, because I have
faith - it's just not in a god. - Beth

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu] On Behalf Of Julian Shaw
Sent: Saturday, June 28, 2003 11:10 AM
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: Re: [Powderworks] PG a Christian??

Alister

Can of worms...! :-)

No not surprising to me...depends on how broad your contact with
Christians
has been. They come in all types...just like "normal" people...whoops of
course I forgot they are normal people...silly me!

I sometimes wonder if Pete has had to compromise the traditional
Christian
views when he is confronted with, for example, the effects of trying to
convert the aborigines to Christianity. He seems to me to have a very
personal faith and so it is impossible to tell how he comes to terms
with
the contradictions inherent in any religion (being a very intelligent
man as
well). That said there are contradictions everywhere not just in
religion
(in society for example), so I'm not criticising religion here!

Julian Lewis Shaw
Man, Myth or Monkey? Find out:
http://www.jlshaw.co.uk