Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Search for the Olddest "Functioning" T-Shirt

Heidi Shenk nedkellytheking@hotmail.com
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:07:39 -0500

I have an ESM shirt that's about 6 years old...it's looking pretty rough
around the edges.  It has Truganini artwork on the front and says ESM on the
back.  No holes or anything like that yet, but it's getting pretty stretched
out and faded.  Not to mention it has lots of coffee stains on it from
wearing it to work regularly.  I wore it to my first Oils show in 2001 and I
got totally blasted by a load of sweat from Pete's head...so at one time it
also had tons of Pete's sweat on it.  I washed it though...I'm not one of
those scary Powdies that might not ever wash something like that just cause
it had Pete's sweat on it. ;-)  It's one of those shirts that I still like
to wear...more as a comfort than anything else.  For example...after Pete
left, that shirt became part of my pajamas/lounging outfit for nearly three
months.  My roommate about died laughing when I proclaimed..."I love the
Oils and I'm NOT taking off this shirt!!!"  So...that's my t-shirt story. :)

Heidi

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Midnight Lurker" <drivexby@hotmail.com>
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: [Powderworks] Search for the Olddest "Functioning" T-Shirt
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:40:23 +1000

Here's another time passer.  I thought it would be interesting to see who
still have "functioning" T-Shirts and how old they are.  By "functioning" I
mean that they get worn and washed fairly regularly, none of these framed
or"retired" shirts.  I have one from the 96/97 Breathe tour (the one with
the attractive fish on the front) which I'm still wearing.... no holes as
yet.