Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Date requests please

John McColl johnmccoll@yahoo.com
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 20:11:18 -0700 (PDT)

Does anyone know of the date for the show they did at
the Southport Spit on the Gold Coast under the big top
tent in 1984. It was during the lead up to Pete's run
for the Senate.

It was my first Oils show and probably the best. They
had 6 curtain raiser acts, which meant for a long day
of listening to very ordinary bands which I guess only
heightened the expectation and excitement when they
finally came on. They had Charlie McMahon play didge
for them and the brass section too for a few songs. I
was already a big fan, but this experience had me
hooked.

My last show was at the Picklebarrel in Vermont in
2002, 18 years and about 25 shows later. That was
memorable too as it was a tiny club, in fact Pete
commented that it was the smallest place they ever
played.

John
--- Cheryl H <ooiiilllss@hotmail.com> wrote:

> hey Matt -
>
> Toronto - May 12, 1988
> Wembley- May 12, 1990
> Madison - July 11, 2002
> Chicago - October 10, 1996
>
> Cheryl
>
> >From: "Matthew Cowdery" <mcowd@mars.ocs.mq.edu.au>
> >To: "workers" <powderworks@cs.colorado.edu>
> >Subject: [Powderworks] Date requests please
> >Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:24:55 +1000
> >
> >Howdy peoples,
> >
> >I was wondering of anyone could tell me the dates
> of these Oils gigs
> >please:
> >
> >Toronto, Canada - "Older Than Forever" - (1988?)
> >
> >Wembley Arena, London - 10 or 12 May 1990?
> >
> >Madison - (2002?)
> >
> >Cabaret Metro Chicago with the following set list:
> >
> >Progress
> >Truganini
> >Dreamworld
> >Sins of Omission