Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] SMOC: Blasphemous Question (Not Bout Pete)

ALEXEI alexeis@usa.net
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 23:30:16 +0300

Throughout my guitar years, I've been playing along to other groups' records,
including MO.  Playing off the cuff, not their parts. Some songs (especially
from the early era) just plain refuse yielding to my inventiveness and the
best I can do is follow with an accurate, but still a monotony.  On other
tracks I may come up with a run-of-the-mill riff, but on Breathe and
especially Capricornia parts are born that fit very well into the songs, even
with all the instrumentation already there!  I find these two albums very
play-along friendly, especially for guitars.

Questions: do powderworkers who play other instruments (flute, piano, trumpet,
oboe, drums etc.) find it fascinating to play along with the Oils?  if you do,
what tracks yield best to your instrument?  HAVE YOU EVER COME UP WITH A PART
THAT YOU LIKE BETTER THAN AN ORIGINAL OIL PART?

Alexei