Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Twin guitars of Martin and Jim

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 18:05:50 -0400 (EDT)

--0-271244816-1054937150=:43512

Hey Workers eh,

Had to agree with Beth and the Wave concerning the Oily guitar meld of JM and MR. They do strike you as one unit - a 4 handed 2 headed guitar hydra (with reverb!) Although even when stripped down on acoustics, they sound marvellously synchronous and whole. Such magic!

Add Rob and Bones and I'm thinking of Lou Reed's quote:

"You just can't beat drum, bass and two guitars."

I can't wait for what comes next  from the Oz fab four!  :)

cheers all,

bruce in calgary

ps Canada's top meteorologist today pronounced that the worst prolonged prairie drought in over a century is officially over today - sorry for the irrelevence of this tidbit, but it's SO good to see fields of green!

Beth Curran <bcurran@columbus.rr.com> wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
...... twin guitar attack.
********************
Right before I sat down to the computer I was listening to my pair of
Amazon parrots raise hell, which they do regularly at this time of
evening, and when they have chicks (as now) it's a real screechfest.
Yet you'd swear all the noise was coming from only one bird. They weave
a pattern so that each screech and yell falls exactly into place, back
and forth, never overlapping and perfectly matched up and down in pitch
and rhythm, so that it sounds like there's only one source and the
entire "song" is a single entity. A truly impressive display of
synchronicity. Kinda reminds me of something Oily........ - Beth

---------------------------------

--0-271244816-1054937150=:43512

<DIV>Hey Workers eh,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Had to agree with Beth and the Wave concerning the Oily guitar meld of JM and MR. They do strike you as one unit - a 4 handed 2 headed guitar hydra (with reverb!) Although even when stripped down on acoustics, they sound marvellously synchronous and whole. Such magic!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Add Rob and Bones and I'm thinking of Lou Reed's quote:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"You just can't beat drum, bass and two guitars."</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I can't wait for what comes next&nbsp; from the Oz fab four!&nbsp; :)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>cheers all,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>bruce in calgary</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>ps Canada's top meteorologist today pronounced that the worst prolonged prairie drought in over a century is officially over today - sorry for the irrelevence of this tidbit, but it's SO good to see fields of green!</DIV>
<DIV><BR><B><I>Beth Curran &lt;bcurran@columbus.rr.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
--0-271244816-1054937150=:43512--