Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] (no subject)

Snyder, Jonathan J. (LNG-DAY) jonathan.snyder@lexisnexis.com
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 17:55:05 -0400

Sebastian Wrote:

	"I mean lets get real, people did not get into midnight oil because
of the sound of their music ,robs drumming or their harmonies. It was petes
power that grasped everyone and made them listen to all the other great
aspects of the band"

Sorry to jump in again, but now that I see what Sebastian actually said,
I'll have to disagree as well!

I certainly first got into the Oils because of their music - including the
melodies, percussion, and, most likely, twin guitar attack.  From a purely
musical sense, I think Peter probably was the smallest piece of the puzzle,
whereas some of the others are genius, especially at the musical writing.
Peter is awesome, but his power and charisma were a bonus for me, not the
reason.

Jonathan