Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] What got you started?

simon tracy plumpandmoist@yahoo.com.au
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 11:39:14 +1000 (EST)

It's an interesting point Alistair. The Oils did seem
a little daggy after the whole Nirvana thing hit, to
old, to commercial, to past it. And there were some
serious sourgrapes when the Oils headlined over Tool
at the Equinox festival. Now I'm a Tool fan, but I
have to say they were left looking like over done art
rock poseurs from the opening chords of US Forces.
Even people who were walking away, assuming they had
seen the highlight of the day were stopped in their
tracks and literally ran back, forcing their way to
the mosh. It was interesting to me, because songs like
that are imbedded in the subconcious of Australians
(remember that 10-1 was the biggest selling album in
Australia for years. Very few homes were without a
copy) they will always stir a reaction, even from the
most aloof music fans.

 --- alistair king <alistairking@hotmail.com> wrote: >
 and later on the
> grunge phase hit -
> Nirvana and Pearl Jam were huge in early high school
> for me.

 and once
> at the Equinox Festival at Macquarie University,

=====
By order of the Dark Shadow.