Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] What got you started?/ The other 4 gigs

simon tracy plumpandmoist@yahoo.com.au
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 10:40:57 +1000 (EST)

Well since you asked, and I'm predisposed to rattling
these things off at the merest sniff of a request, the
other gigs, are Dirty Three at Homebake in '96, You Am
I at the Metro in Sydney '95 and again at the Water
Rats in London in '98, The Stones at an amphitheatre
whose name I have forgotten outside Berlin and Nick
Cave and the Bad Seeds at the Enmore last year.

- "Tari, Vince" <fstariv1@NMHG.com> wrote: > >. It
still lives as one of the "Top 5
> > Greatest Gigs" list. Sometimes, when I see the old
> > footage of the Oils I still get the goosbumps.
>
> Only Top 5 ?? So wot are the your 4 gigs then ?
>
> I've seen the Oils over 20 times & i can honestly
> say i never saw them do a
> dud show. So from a sheer intensity & passion
> perspective, they're number 1
> on my list. Other notables in my top 5 gigs would be
> AC/DC, Silverchair (no,
> really), YAI & The Stones.
>
> vince

=====